Sunday, May 8, 2011

Song



Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.
Isaiah 45:22

Poem 21, Song, 14th November 2004

When my mind tempts me to sway
May I turn to you, oh Lord
And try to live your way.

When darkness fights to be let in
Let me look to you again,
And be assured that you will win.

When time flies by leaving me behind,
Let me hear your words a fresh,
And be patient, joyful and kind.

When darkness tries to hide the Son,
I will stand firm, because
I know your Light has won.

When I do what I know is wrong
Teach me to repent, for you
Are my salvation, my strength and song.


... And so for now, I'm done with this little experiment. But who knows, perhaps one day I'll open the vault again...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Rosie .... it's been a real privilege to be able to read these posts - especially your own comments on them. Love and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete