Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thirty Things

So I've put together this list of thirty things to do over the next year, before my thirtieth birthday. As I say, its not really an age thing, just an effort to pin down some of things I'd like to see and do, and to have them on a list so I can tick them off and assure myself I've done something.

Thirty Things to do between 10th November 2011 and 9th November 2012

VISIT – places and people

  1. visit Salisbury and Stonehenge, Angel Corner Tea Room
  2. go back to the Mucha Museum in Prague
  3. climb a mountain in Wales. Tryfan, with Laura
  4. Visit Rachelle in Israel
  5. visit the Lake District and the Beatrix Potter House
  6. Go to Lyme
  7. Go to Edinburgh
  8. get the eurostar to France or Belgium
  9. visit the Cadbury Chocolate Factory
  10. go to Dover
  11. Visit Jeordis and Tineke
  12. Ride a bike on the towpath in Newry (because I never learnt to ride a bike)


WATCH, LISTEN, DO – cultural type things

  1. Watch an Opera at the ROH
  2. Listen to a Symphony Orchestra
  3. Go to Lates at The Science Museum
  4. watch November 5 fireworks
  5. Watch Les Miserables (from the front!)
  6. hear some proper folk music crouch end
  7. read Daniel Deronda, George Eliot
  8. read A Vindication of the Rights of Woman, Mary Wollstonecraft


CREATE, write, sing, bake etc

  1. have at least 10 singing lessons (before I throw out my voice once and for all)
  2. bake (gluten free) panettone
  3. write 10 000 words of the 'novel' I started last year
  4. write a complete first draft of Krista's story by June
  5. Go to rock and roll dance classes.
  6. make fudge. (I’ve been saying I’ll do this for months now)
  7. be drawn as a 1940s Hollywood pin-up. (oh yes!)

EAT

  1. eat a at a Michelin starred restaurant or some such thing. (you can see my fanciness absolutely shining through!)

VOLUNTEER, serve

  1. for a charity
  2. become involved in a ministry at my new church

No comments:

Post a Comment