Tuesday, May 4, 2010

G&S jeans


27 years ago I was on stage in The Mikado before I was born.
(the woman in question -naturally- was Pitti-Sing and the man was Ko-Ko... )

20 years ago my brother was on stage in The Mikado before he was born.
(He again was Ko-Ko, She was now Yum-Yum...)

9 years ago, this pattern changed, as my mother embodied the miracle of lovliness that is Katisha and I made a less-than-memorable (except for my act 2 pigtails/antennae) appearance as Peep-Bo.

[ there were no babies. ]

and now after a rather diverse selection of outfits last year, from the red floosey heels of Hedy LaRou, to a 1960s Sicilian who has never heard of sleepwalking, to a rather angry Helena in pink tights and a short denim (authentically Essex) skirt, its time to get back into my G&S jeans (perhaps my G&S genes?).

Although, i'm thinking that perhaps as Pitti-Sing, I should probably trade in the jeans for the denim skirt... the Essex girl skirt. I think She'd like that sort of look.

1 comment: