Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Crave

Tuesday morning is my 'date night'. This means skype time with Matthew and a constant reminder of just how far Sydney is from London, and how impossible it is to even hold his hand.

In honour of date night and frustrated romance, I shall today publish one of the many poems I wrote which belong to the genre of "I like a boy but he doesn't even know I exist and I think I am the only person who has ever felt this".

So here is number 2: Crave, 29th October 2000, age 17
You stand
Alone.
In order to
Feed your hunger.
And I try to watch
But
There is only a
Memory which
Fades away
Into the night air.
I can…
Smell your smell
And
I can
Pull it apart,
Your breath and
Deodorant all mixed
And one in
Your jumper.
I stand by you
And breathe,
All that
I can
Of your warmth
And
Your words
Stale, but
Delicious.
And
I can
Only begin to
Feed my
Hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment